Annkristin Schwalb studied English and Primary School Didactics at the Julius-Maximilians-Universität in Würzburg and the Swansea University in Wales. In 2014 she obtained her first state examination and went on to do her teacher training in Munich.
After completing her teacher training (Referendariat für das Lehramt an Grundschulen) in Munich in 2016, she took her second state examination (LA GS) and continued to work as a primary school teacher in Munich for several years.
During her time at school she taught at primary schools with a focus on the “ips Ganztageskonzept” of the city of Munich and participated in the “Schulversuch bilingual Grundschule – Lernen in zwei Sprachen” at the elementary school in Poing. She contributed to the FIBS program with workshops for elementary and secondary teachers. She greatly enjoyed working as an internship teacher for the LMU.
Annkristin is currently on a full-time secondment from primary school teaching and is working as a lecturer at the Chair of TEFL at the LMU.
In her doctoral thesis, she is exploring the question of how to apply Digital Citizenship Education as defined by the Council of Europe to the primary EFL classroom in order to initiate a critical view on digital media within young learners.
Annkristin Schwalb is a member of the Graduate School of Language and Literature Munich (Class of Language Education). Furthermore, she is an active member of the DGFF (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Fremdsprachenforschung).
Areas of interest
- Digital Citizenship Education
- Multimodal literature
- Winter term 21/ 22 UNIKlasse: Cooperation with Anabel Metz (MS), Stefanie Gleixner-Weyrauch (GS) & Julia Bachmeier (GS) regarding working productively with the comic "Smile" by Raina Telgemeier in the EFL classroom
- Winter term 20/ 21 UNIKlasse: Cooperation with the Seminarrektorinnen Dr. Helga Rolletschek and Julia Benker regarding digital games in the primary EFL education
- Summer term 21 UNIKlasse: Cooperation with Sabine Hagenauer and the project seminar regarding multimodal literature in the EFL classroom
- Theorie und Praxis der Unterrichtsgestaltung für Englisch mit/ohne Praktikum (GS, MS)
- Theorie und Praxis der Unterrichtsgestaltung für Englisch mit/ohne Praktikum (RS, Gym)
- Grundlagen der Fremdsprachendidaktik
- Wissenschaftliche Übung: Enhancing Communicative Skills in Primary English
- Wissenschaftliche Übung: Digital Citizenship Education for Young Learners
- Project seminar: Multimodal literature
- Lernwerkstatt: Graphic Novels in the EFL classroom