Schellingstraße 3 (RG)
Phone: +49 (0)89 2180-5500
siehe LSF (bei Fehlermeldung bitte in LSF einloggen)
From 2005 to 2011, Patrick Sowa studied English and History at the University of Passau to become a teacher at a grammar school and graduated with the first state examination. He also spent time at a college in the US, where he could combine his passion for the English language with working together with teenagers in fields such as physical education or teambuilding activities.
In 2014 Patrick Sowa successfully completed the second phase of teacher training and started gaining experience at Bavarian Grammar schools as well as at a FOS/BOS school. Since 2016 he has been part of the team at a small grammar school near Munich.
His university teaching position is an additional assignment.
Areas of interest
- Acquisition of English as a foreign language
- Teacher education and professionalization
- Teaching literature and culture
- HS SLA Research II: Teaching Grammar and Vocabulary (winter term 2021 and summer term 2022)
- Lektürekurs: Current Issues in EFL Education (winter term 2021)
- WÜ: A Fun Approach: How to Enhance Playful Language Learning in the EFL Classroom (winter term 2021)
- WÜ: Authentic Material in the EFL Classroom (summer term 2022)
- WÜ: Culture and Language in Songs, Texts and Films (summer term 2022)