Schellingstr. 3 (RG)
By appointment via email
After studying German and English Languages and Literature for both master’s and teacher’s degree at Friedrich-Alexander-University in Erlangen, with a year abroad at the New University of Ulster in Coleraine / Northern Ireland (including studies in Spanish and Philosophy), then finishing the obligatory two-years training in Nuremberg, he took a position as a teacher at a grammar school in Germering. In 1992 he worked as Press Secretary at the Bavarian Department of Education, Culture, and The Arts for five years, before joining a grammar school in Munich as Teacher Trainer for ESL teacher trainees. In 2019 he joined the team at the chair of TEFL at the LMU as lecturer.
- (1996) Deutsch-Sprachbuch Band 8 (co-authorI. München: bsv.
- (2006) “Let’s have a FootBall! – Fußball und Englischunterricht. Einige Anregungen für Übungen, Sequenzen und Projekte“. In: Fußball – Fremdsprachen – Forschung (ed. by Prof. Dr. Engelbert Thaler). Düren: Shaker Verlag.
- Teaching material: Since 2007 various contributions to „Unterrichtsmaterialien“ (Stark-Verlag / Raabe-Verlag):
- ‘Smoke‘ – a film by Paul Auster and Wayne Wang
- Ernest Callenbach’s ‚Ecotopia‘
- The right to keep and bear arms
- American Decline
- Digiligion - Digital media and their impact on modern life
Teaching, presentations and workshops
- "Einsatz von Filmen im Englischunterricht" - Fortbildungsreferent Dillingen (2008)
- P-Seminar "A Field Trip to Dublin" (2009)
- W-Seminar "American Lifestyle in Films" (2014)
- W-Seminar "Graphic Novels" (2017)
- W-Seminar „Hurricane Kathrina“ (2019)
- Theorie und Praxis der Unterrichtsgestaltung für Englisch an Gymnasien und Realschulen (summer term 2019)
- MOTIVATING students through CONTENT and METHOD” (summer term 2020)
- Workshop “Agiles Unterrichtsmanagement / Fremdsprache Englisch“ (2021)
- Motivating Students in the ESL Classroom (GY, RS) (winter term 2021/2022)