Schellingstraße 3 (RG)
Phone: +49 (0)89 2180-5398
Website: Staff profile at the Institute of English Philology
siehe LSF (bei Fehlermeldung bitte in LSF einloggen)
Michelle Stannard recieved her Masters in English Studies (with a focus on TEFL) from the LMU after having worked as an English language teacher in the private sphere for several years. In 2016, she began working for the Chair of TEFL as a research associate and subsequently began pursuing a PhD in 2017. Her research focus is on digital culture and digital games in the EFL context.
Originally from Canada, Michelle has had the great pleasure to live, work and study in various countries, such as in Malaysia and Vietnam, before arriving in Munich. She is a member of the following research and/or teaching associations DGFF, IATEFL, MELTA and EUROCALL.
Areas of interest
Digital Culture and Media in the EFL Context
Digital Games-Based Language Learning
Cultural and Textual Approaches in Language Education
- (forthcoming) "Crossovers: Digitalization and Literature in Foreign Language Education." (with Christiane Lütge, Thorsten Merse and Claudia Owczarek).
- 2018. „Digitale Spiele im Fremdsprachenunterricht.“ In: Praxis Fremdsprachenunterricht 4/2018 (with Max von Blanckenburg)
- 2018. „Mobiles Lernen im Fremdsprachenunterricht: Einsatzmöglichkeiten von Tablets and Smartphones.“ In: Praxis Fremdsprachenunterricht 4/2018 (with Petra Rauschert)
- 2018. "Digital Narratives: Exploring new practices of reading and play.“ In: Praxis Fremdsprachenunterricht 4/2018 (with Christiane Lütge and Thorsten Merse)
Presentations and Workshops
- "Gametexts and Digital Culture in English as a Foreign Language Education." Presentation (colloquium) "ECGBL 2018: European Conference on Game Based Learning", Sophia Antipolis, France, 4.10.2018.
- "Telling your story, making the game: an exploratory project in game design for language learners." Poster presentation at "EUROCALL 2018: Future-Proof CALL, Language Learning as Exploration and Encounters", University of Jyväskylä, Finland, 22.08.2018.
- (together with Christiane Lütge, Thorsten Merse and Claudia Owczarek) "Digitalization and Literature in Foreign Language Education." Presentation (symposium) at "Language Education Across Borders", University of Graz, Austria, 08.12.2017.
- "Intractivity in Narrative Apps for the EFL Context." Presentation (discussion group led by Britta Freitag-Hild and Annika Kolb), DGFF 2017: Sprachen lernen integriert - global, regional, lokal", University of Jena, Jena, 29.09.2018.
- "Digital Culture, Digital Literacies and EFL Education." Presentation (colloquium) at Forschungsforum Fraueninsel, Chiemsee, 18.05.2017.
- "Interactivity in Digital Narratives: Storytelling Apps and the EFL Context" Presentation at "Media Literacy in Foreign Language Education: Digital and Multimodal Perspectives"at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich, 13.03.2017.
- "Digital Narratives: Storytelling Apps in the EFL Classroom." Workshop, "TEFL Lounge" for Chair of Teaching as an English Language, Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich, 22.11.2016
- Texts, Tasks and Projects in the Digital Classroom (GY, RS) (Summer term 2019)
- Contemporary Issues in English Language Education (MA) (Summer term 2019)
- Digital Culture in EFL Education (Winter term 2018/19)
- Theorie und Praxis der Unterrichtsgestaltung für Englisch an Grund- und Mittelschule (Multiple terms)
- Grundlagen der Fremdsprachendidaktik (Winter term 2017/2018)
- Directions in New Media and the EFL Context (Summer term 2018)
- Digital Literacy in the EFL Classroom (Winter term 2016/17)