Schellingstr. 3 RG
Phone: +49 (0)89 2180-5500
For office hours, please visit the Anglistik department staff profiles.
Katharina Flieger studied English, French and Spanish at the University of Regensburg, University of Munich (LMU), Universidad Complutense de Madrid and the University of Glasgow. She gained first teaching experience working as a German foreign language assistant at a primary as well as a secondary school in Paris in 2002.
In 2006 Katharina obtained her first state examination and went on to do her teacher training in Scotland. In 2007 she received her PGDE (Professional Graduate Diploma in Education) from the University of Glasgow. She holds a teaching qualification for secondary education (in French and German) and worked as a French and German teacher at Scottish Secondary Schools.
From 2007 to 2009 Katharina worked as a research assistant and lecturer at the Chair of TEFL at the University of Munich (LMU).
After completing her teacher training (Referendariat für das Lehramt an Gymnasien) in Regensburg and Munich in 2011, she took her second state examination (LA Gym) and continued to work as an English, French and Spanish teacher in Dorfen and Munich.
Katharina is currently on secondment from secondary school teaching and is happy to be working as a lecturer at the Chair of TEFL at the LMU.
- Theorie und Praxis der Unterrichtsgestaltung für Englisch mit/ohne Praktikum (GY, RS) (Summer term 2019)
- Theorie und Praxis der Unterrichtsgestaltung für Englisch mit/ohne Praktikum (GS, MS) (Summer term 2019)
- Promoting Intercultural Communicative Competence in the EFL Classroom (GY, RS) (Summer term 2019)
- Grundlagen der Fremdsprachendidaktik (Winter 2018/19)
- Theorie und Praxis der Unterrichtsgestaltung für Englisch an der Grund- und Hauptschule (Winter 2018/19)
- Wissenschaftliche Übung „Storytelling in EFL Education“ (Winter 2018/19)
- Wissenschaftliche Übung „Play and Game in EFL Education“ (Winter 2018/19)