- Professor of Media in ELT and Applied Linguistics, Department of British and American Studies, Ludwig-Maximilian-University, Munich, 2004 -
- Director of the University Language Centre (Sprachenzentrum, SpraZ), Ludwig-Maximilian-University, Munich, 2004 -
- 2004: Habilitation, Dr. phil. habil (Post-doctoral degree) ,Faculty of Philosophy, University of Technology, Chemnitz, Germany, Venia legendi: English and Applied Linguistics
- Post-doc-thesis: Learning and Teaching Processes - Teachers' learning and teaching strategies for tense and aspect.
- Okt 2002 - Nov 2003: Teacher of English and Mathematics at Wilhelm-von-André-Gymnasium (grammar school), Chemnitz
- 2001 - 2002: Research Assistant at the Chair for American Literature and Culture (Prof. Evelyne Keitel), Department of British and American Studies, University of Technology (TU) Chemnitz, Germany , Member of the German Research Foundation - (DFG) Research Group "Neue Medien im Alltag" - Teilprojekt "Interaktion mit fiktionalen Hypertexten"
- 1997 - 2000: Adjunct Professor at Chair for English Linguistics (Prof. Josef Schmied), Department of British and American Studies, TU Chemnitz, Germany , Member of DFG Research Group “Neue Medien im Alltag” - Teilprojekt "Lernverhalten in der Internetgrammatik"
- 1988 - 1997: Teacher of English and Mathematics at Adult Education Centres in Pullach /near Munich, Chemnitz and Stollberg/Saxony
- 1979-1985: Research Assistant (wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin 1979 - 1983) and Senior Lecturer (Akademische Rätin a.Z.) at Chair for General and Applied Linguistics, University of Passau
- 1983: Ph.D. Faculty of Philosophy, University Passau, Germany - Subjects: General and Applied Linguistics and English Linguistics
- Dissertation: Spracherwerb und Fremdsprachenunterricht. [Language acquisition and teaching English]
- 1979: M.A.-equivalent (First state exam for secondary education), Departments of English and Mathematics, Christian-Albrechts-University, Kiel, Germany.