Below you will find the conference schedule. For those arriving over the weekend, we invite you to register for the conference warming on Sunday, 12th March 2017 (prepaid event). Otherwise, the conference opens on Monday morning, 13th March 2017, and closes at midday on Wednesday, 15th March 2017.
The complete conference programme is available in the digital conference brochure.
The conference programme included:
- four plenaries by keynote speakers Bill Cope, Gunther Kress, Catherine Beavis and Mary Kalantzis
- six parallel thematic sections
- Potentials of digital and multimodal literature and storytelling
- Developments in digital and multimodal materials and resources
- Innovations in media-based and pop-cultural approaches
- Literacies for film and audiovisual media
- Higher education and developments in CALL/TELL
- Teacher education, educational policies and curricula
- conference warming, conference dinner and a wine reception
- the inaugural meeting of the Young Researchers' Network on Tuesday afternoon (14:30, Senatssaal)
- a cultural programme on Tuesday afternoon
- the TEFL Day on Tuesday (teacher training day with workshops)
Conference Sections and Talks:
Sunday, 12th March 2017
Conference warming (venue: "Augustiner am Dom")
Monday, 13th March 2017
Conference opening and welcome
- Welcome address: Prof. Dr. Martin Wirsing, Vice President of LMU
- Conference opening: Prof. Dr. Christiane Lütge, Chair of TEFL
Bill Cope, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA
"Language Learning and Assessment in the Era of Technology-Mediated Learning"
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Gunther Kress, University College London, UK
"Speech and Writing in an Era of Social and Semiotic Provisionality: Multimodal Representation and the Growing Dominance of the Screen"
as of 06:30 p.m.
Wine reception with live music
Tuesday, 14th March 2017
Catherine Beavis, Deakin University, Australia
"Digital Literacies, Digital Games: Language, Learning and Play"
10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Cultural programme in the afternoon (guided tours in museums; meeting point in the central conference area at ca. 02:15 p.m.; tours begin at 03:00 p.m.)
Inaugural meeting of the Young Researchers' Network (in the Senatssaal)
Conference dinner (venue: "Hofbräuhaus")
Parallel to the conference programme on this Tuesday, we will be offering a TEFL Day featuring conference-related workshops, talks and panels for practising EFL teachers. The TEFL Day will take place from 09:00 a.m. - 05:45 p.m. All details regarding the TEFL Day can be found here.
Wednesday, 15th March 2017
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Mary Kalantzis, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA
"A Grammar of Multimodality"
This conference was made possible through the support of the following institutions:
A special thank you to our sponsors and donors: